Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Eureka!

Relief! I have the Internet back. If you noticed a gap in my postings, it's because I travelled to India and had all manner of trouble with my wireless VPN software preventing me from accessing the network at the hotel I'm staying with.

I phoned the help desk in America that connected to an office in the very city I'm in. How's that for irony. Anyway, the help desk was maybe a little too hopefully named, because they really didn't provide any help whatsoever. I phoned my coworkers who connected me with a contact in the US who tried to help but couldn't perform the fix because she needed to send me files, and for that, I would need Internet access. More irony.

Finally, today I took my computer to the Pearson office in Delhi even though I wasn't supposed to go in to work until next Monday. A skinny, Hindi-speaking IT manager performed some kind of miracle and now I have Internet access.

I have much catching up to do, so the next few entries will chronicle my first two or so days in India.

1 comment:

Cheeseball said...

This is going to be a great blog. Thanks for taking the time to do it!